Friday, June 21, 2013

THE SKY IS BLUE

June 18

This gets a separate post since I am really just so excited, in a very dorky kind of way. Yesterday, Monday, I was kicking myself all day because I forgot to grab my camera on the way out the door --- a little overtired from the Summer Palace probably. The reason is my bus to school runs right in front of the northern side of the Forbidden City, and yesterday the sun was still rising when I was on the bus with minimal clouds so all of the yellow tiles on the roof were positively golden! Well happy day today because at 6:30am I climbed to the top of Coal Mountain in Jingshan Park, and below is the results.

ENJOY!





Far view of BeiHai Park








View from the bottom





View from the bus stop

No photos of me because there were only the older generation working out up at the top, but you wouldn't want any in any case, as I was extremely sweaty from my hike!

June 20

Since the blue sky held yet another day, I went to Tienanmen to take some early morning photos.

Meridian Gate









Statue outside of Mao's mausoleum
 There is a really great panorama that should go here, but the blog is being a bit difficult, so maybe later I can share it with you. = - )
In case of fire, three strategically placed fire extinguishers.

Just have to love it

Could not pass up the opportunity to share this






No comments: