Saturday, June 8, 2013

Forbidden City

June 9

Found a group willing to go to the Forbidden City with me yesterday, the poor dears. I did go on a walkabout for three hours before meeting them. I was up and decided it would be a good time to take some pictures, so I walked from the northern end of the Forbidden City, out the visitors entrance and into Tian'anmen Square. The place is just so absolutely massive, I think you could fit three of the National Malls, in the US there comfortably. The most annoying thing is that I cannot stop and sit or lean anywhere. If I do, then I get people coming up for photos -- I had twelve yesterday. I know I'm pretty, but please, no babies.

We took the direct route through the Forbidden City, no side palaces and the like. I would be happy to go back and take a picture of something specific for someone, but at my widdled down 350, I think I am set. Below is a slim selection. Enjoy!





















Once again, if you want the full set with commentary, just let me know.

No comments: