Wednesday, July 31, 2013

View from the Top



28 July

I wanted to share with you this nifty sunset picture from my window. My new room in Beijing is on the 26th floor, and my windows face Northwest. The sky was a clear blue all day, and the temperature reached 100 degrees Fahrenheit!

Currently, there is a massive thunderstorm going on outside. When it rains here, sometimes it seems like a damn burst in the heavens because it is usually a sudden occurrence, and very heavy. For example, today I left class at about 8:10pm and thought, “It will rain tonight.” By the time I travel 4 metro stops with one change over, it is pouring so hard that many people are just waiting for a break inside the metro station. I charge on out because where I come from rain is a good thing!
Gold Star to those who catch the reference!

I am still undecided whether my Birks are cleaner or dirtier than when I started this trip home. All of the street crossings, and many parts of the sidewalks were flooded. And I don’t mean puddles that you can elegantly jump over, but ankle high lakes spanning the breath of the pavement!
Oh well, moments like these sunset pictures balance it all out in the end.






For those of you who didn’t get the reference, YouTube “Luke Bryan Rain is a Good Thing” and Enjoy!

No comments: